Perfect meal to start your day, enough nutrition to endure the workload in the morning and get you feeling full till the arrival of lunch.
I hope you will enjoy this meal, I like to prepare this for breakfast when I have a lot of training during the day or have a lot of commitments and have a delay on my lunch. This meal is healthy, full of proteins and more than enough fuel to start your day.
For this meal you will need the following ingredients:
4 whole wheat tortillas
½ tbsp. olive oil
1 cooked chicken breast, diced
1 red onion
6 lg eggs lightly beaten
2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
1 c black beans, rinsed, drained and heated
½ c shredded cheddar
1 avocado, pitted, pealed and sliced
How to prepare the Breakfast Burrito:
- Heat tortillas individually in dry large skillet, until warm and lightly toasted. Wrap in foil
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and the onion. Cook until lightly browned, about 5 min. Reduce heat to low.
- Pour eggs into skillet. Cook, stirring constantly with wooden spoon, until eggs are firm but moist.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and stir in ½ tbsp. of the cilantro.
- Divide eggs, beans, cheese and avocado among the tortillas. Roll up, cut in half and top in with the remaining ½ tbsp. cilantro.
Nutrition per serving: 516 cal, 29g protein, 43g carbs, 9g fibers, 26.5g fat