An excellent mix of Italian Dish, Mexican ingredients and healthy approach. Tortilla lasagna is an awesome dish where we discard the meat and replace it with vegetables. Within 1 hour you will have a dish for you and your closest friend and have the feeling that you are on the beach in Mexico. The chilies add the spiciness to the dish and a boost for your metabolism, the Monterrey Jack…is what your soul craves.
For this meal you will need the following ingredients:
1 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp cumin
½ c crushed tomatoes
1 can mild diced chilies, drained
1 pkg corn tortillas
1 /4 c shredded Monterrey Jack
How to prepare the meal:
- Heat oven to 400 F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Put the chopped onion and garlic and cook, stirring until softened, about 5 min. Add cumin and cook 1 min.
- Add tomatoes, chilies and 1 cup water and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened, about 15 min.
- Brush side of each tortilla lightly with oil and cut into strips. Put into baking sheet. Bake until crisps. 10 min. set aside and reduce oven temperature to 350 F.
- Layer half of the tortilla strips in 2-qt baking dish and top with half of the sauce and cheese. Add remaining tortillas strips, sauce and cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly, about 20 min.
Nutrition per serving: 314 cal, 14g protein, 37g carbs, 7g fibers, 14g fat
Enjoy your meal, I know you’ll like this one